The Developer’s Toolkit for 3D PDF Generation
The PDF 3D SDK Developer Toolkit has been developed to dramatically simplify the programmer's task of adding 3D PDF capability to existing applications. With seamless and intuitive integration of 3D PDF functionality, you won’t even need to write and maintain your own code if you don’t want to. It’s all in the kit, ready to use.
- Smart and Intuitive
- Trusted by Developers Worldwide
Download the free 30-day trial and experience all the features of the full version before you buy.
Built by developers for developers, the software is straightforward and intuitive, automatically setting defaults and hiding underlying complexity to save you time. With a well-designed C++ interface, dlls, utilities and source examples, you’ll be able to generate 3D PDF files just by clicking the "Save as 3D PDF" button which can be hidden within your own application.
Ready to use Standalone Seamless Integration
Ready to use
PDF3D SDK is a genuine standalone product with all the tech and code you need inside. No other software or integration of additional libraries is necessary because the SDK Library covers it all. Everything you need to integrate our PDF Converter with your own systems and processes is included in PDF3D SDK kit, ready to use. Watch the video here.
High Compression without disrupting raw data
Many 3D PDF conversion tools struggle to convert 3D Data without distorting the original model. PDF3D® SDK is different. Using U3D Right Hemisphere Compression and PRC (pure), and PRC-HCT (Highly Compressed Tessellation), it generates superior image and text quality, without disruption to the raw data. Take a look at some example, interactive PDF images in the gallery.
The toolkit is packed with features for developers, designers and system architects. It is fully compatible with current developer tools, programming languages, applications and libraries, with a long list of supported formats including DWG, XML, ParaView, PowerPoint, VRML, and VTK. With animation modes, metadata options, geospatial features, and a multitude of styling colours, layouts, fonts and templates, SDK gives you endless possibilities.
The PDF3D SDK toolkit is used worldwide by enterprise system architects, programmers, web designers, developers and production workflow providers which is why we’ve included some extra tools to make life even easier.
- We've included the PDF3D XML Server, which enables server-side conversion deployment. Fully compatible with modern Programmer Development Tools (C++, C# .NET, VB, CMake, GCC, MS Visual Studio, Java, Perl, Python, Ruby), visuals can also be displayed in applications or web server environments with keywords and hyperlinks per 3D object, which snap directly to other parts of the same document or external URLs for dynamic content.
- For Teigha (Open Design Alliance) based applications, the DWG, DXF and DGN, file formats are supported, with ready-to-use conversion to highly compressed PRC based 3D PDF, with conversion filtering options for remeshing, simplification and assembly merging.
- For VTK (Visualization Tool Kit) based applications, typical VTK actors, events, polydata mesh types are supported, with a collection of ready-to-use examples, even allowing re-linking into your own favourite version of VTK.
- For Coin3D (Open Inventor) and VRML based applications, the PDF3D SDK Library includes ready-to-use integration classes, examples and tools, as stand-alone data converters and complete with user interface. The PDF3D-SDK integration with Coin3D includes extensions for special types of IV, VRML, including GeoVRML and key-frame articulated motion animation. For developers, just simply pass in the root scene node and PDF3D-SDK layers take over.
- The PDF3D ParaView Plugin is included for direct integration inside the ParaView menus. The Plugin enables ParaView users to export scenes, specifically with 3D content to 3D PDF files and also supports the export of time-sequence animation, spreadsheets and 2D charts, allowing you to automate the creation of graphically rich, 3D technical reports.
- The PDF3D in PowerPoint has been included to enable you to use 3D PDFs directly within presentations without having to leave the programme. It allows the user to view a 3D PDF file right inside any PowerPoint® slide, and interact with 3D rotation without any additional coding, scripting, or complex setup.
- For OpenSceneGraph based applications, the PDF3D SDK Library includes ready-to-use integration classes, examples and tools, as stand-alone data converters and complete with user interface. The PDF3D-SDK integration with OpenSceneGraph includes scene database loader plugins and key-frame articulated motion animation. For developers, just simply pass in the root scene node and PDF3D-SDK layers take over..
Let us show you round PDF3D SDK. Request a personalised, on-screen walk-through.
PDF3D SDK comes with a comprehensive reference manual to help you get the most out of all of the features. Support is also available if you need it. Here are a few feature highlights of the toolkit:
- Language APIs for C++, C# .NET, Java, Python, IronPython.
- Combines U3D, U3D-RHC, PRC, PRC-HCT with PDF embedding in one easy to use Library/API.
- Fully independent implementation of PRC, RHC compression systems.
- Options to generate 3D PDF, or U3D (Universal 3D), PRC (Product Representation Compressed) formats.
- Animation modes included for model sequences or rigid body dynamic movement.
- Metadata query supported, each node can report arbitrary text to PDF Forms.
- Location probe and Z scale factor controls available for PDF advanced navigation.
- Full 2D API for text, graphics, images, legends, titles on PDF page.
- Injection of 3D views into existing PDF documents, allows multitude of workflows and PDF Template Styles.
- Dynamic 3D labels, always face viewer in 3D scene.
- Standard Adobe Form controls or advanced Flash-based PDF page menus.
- Automatic creation of default view for 3D scene, including part-isolating PMI views.
- Unicode fonts for UTF8 or UTF16 on 2D page or 3D labels.
- File converters for popular file formats such as DWG, STL, 3DS and VRML.
- Automatic repeated common structure reference substitution for geometry and texture images
- Advanced attribute preserving mesh simplification filtering methods
- Patented high compression encoding methods for highly efficient terrain grids, colors, textures in 3D PDF generation.
- Geospatial coordinate system encoding, both 2D and 3D Geospatial PDF support.
- Conversion Module, captures 3D model content and attributes, and provides service classes and interfaces to help convert a 3D Model into U3D data structures.
- Export Module - 3D PDF file generation, with annotation.
- Helps to export the U3D or PRC data structures into a U3D/PRC file or fully embeds into a PDF file. All files are generated directly by the PDF3D Library without intermediate files.
- PDF page management, injection into existing documents, security settings, and capability for adding full 2D content for images, graphics and text.
Experience all of these features and more before you buy. Request the free 30-day trial here.