Shareable 3D PDF Document Production for Your Application with Next-Generation 3D PDF Integration and Code Development.
</> DEVELOPING 3D PDF APPS
PDF3D SDK Pro provides a full set of features to support system integrators and software engineers in building systems that need complex and reliable 3D document production capabilities. The SDK software provides for on-premise installs or embedded PDF generation inside deployed applications, in engineering, aerospace, earth science, manufacturing and other demanding environments. With proven capabilities to quickly integrate the PDF3D platform with just a few lines of code, PDF3D SDK Pro lets you spend your development time on product improvements and ship them faster.
As a brief introduction to PDF3D-SDK Pro, this article covers the Developer’s toolkit for 3D PDF, explaining key features, architecture, documentation & source code samples, and typical applications.
Contents: LIBs/, DLLs/, INCLUDE HEADERs/, EXAMPLEs/, DOC/…
The PDF3D-SDK Pro provides a rich high and low-level API with libraries and DLLS to enable developers to quickly integrate 3D PDF support into applications. The toolkit has full in-memory data structure APIs, as well as file format loaders and 3rd party framework integrations. It’s one of the very few APIs where a single library provides both 2D and 3D services, along with auto-generated scene management scripting. By providing multiple access points, the SDK can be used in the most suitable way for your application.
The documentation covers all the main methods of the library, the class structures, parameters, and includes an extensive set of small stand-alone source code examples illustrating how to use the library under various scenarios.
Who’s using it?
The SDK is used in many applications, including a few covered in case studies:
- Hexagon Mining: MineSight 3D Case Study
- PIX4D: 3D PDF Forensic Reconstructions for Rescue Training
- C-Tech: PDF3D Provides Access to the Fourth Dimension in C Tech’s New 4D Visualisation Tool
- Midland Valley: Move™ with 3D PDF Structural Geology Publishing Features
- Preference: 3D PDF for Fenestration Manufacturing
- dGB Earth Sciences: OpendTect Pro Shares Seismic Images
- C4W: Dental Virtual Simulation in 3D PDF Report
- Intelligent Light: FieldView Released with First Ever CFD 3D PDF Exporter
- Beagle Geoscience Incorporate 3D PDF Technology from PDF3D
- Carlson Software to Showcase New 3D PDF Features in CADnet 2015 At InterGeo
What can the SDK Generate?
Since all the PDF3D applications such as ReportGen and PV+ are based on the PDF3D SDK Pro libraries, it’s possible for application developers to create similar content to these. For the range of possible 3D PDF content, review the samples at https://www.pdf3d.com/all-examples/ , including many sent in by PDF3D customers.
Watch PDF3D SDK Pro Videos
- Quick Look: PDF3D SDK Developer’s Toolkit for Integration
- Intro to PDF3D SDK Pro Features, the Developer’s Toolkit for 3D PDF
- Getting Started – PDF3D-SDK, CMake, C++ Apps with Visual Studio
- Getting Started – Building C# .NET 3D PDF Apps
Blogs for Developers
- How to Build PDF3D-SDK C# .NET Examples with Visual Studio
- How to Build PDF3D-SDK Examples with CMake and Visual Studio SLN
Any Alternative Approaches?
Yes! If you want file-conversion, batch automation and light-weight development using an XML-API, see
For More Info and Developer Evaluations:
For More information see the main PDF3D SDK Pro Product Page.
To discuss your app requirements or set up an evaluation, use the Trial Request form.