How to Convert 60Mb LAS LiDAR Point Cloud File?
A 60Mb LAS Point Cloud file is most likely too large with default settings, so some adjustments in the ReportGen menus should be made first. A LAS 60mb file with around 2 million points can be processed OK with the following settings:
– Load the .las file and set output PDF file name and path.
– Gridding tab: set subsample to 4
– Set interpolation mode to Point Cloud, not default IDW
– Visual Effects tab: set colormap to samples/colormaps/Terrain.clr
– Set Colormap and Elevation binding mode to “Along Z”
– Convert – on dialog given choice of GRD or VTK interfaces, select GRD.
Regarding subsample, Try 4 to give about 450k points and 4 Mb PDF file.
If you use 2, it generates 900k points and 7.5 Mb file.
If you use 1, it generates 1.8M points and 12.4 Mb file.