How to Create Linked Side-by-Side Views?
Using ReportGen, these steps show how to create Basic Side-by-Side views on same page.
1. Start ReportGen
2. Load 3D File “A”
3. On Page Layout tab, adjust Right margin to about half page size
4. On security table remove check for security options.
5. Set output filename to “A-Temporary.pdf”
6. Convert, check layout of PDF view.
7. Delete file “A” from input list.
8. Load 3D File “B”
9. On Page Layout tab, adjust Right margin back to 50, set Left to half page size
10. Set output filename to “side-by-side.pdf”
11. Set Template PDF to “A-Temporary.pdf” using file browser.
12. On 3D Template Update mode dialog, do not accept “Replace” mode,
13. Push Adjust Merge Mode button to bring up additional menu
14. Set Merge mode to “MERGE 3: At Page”,
15. Click check-box for write onto existing page, click OK
16. Re-enable security selection.
17. Click Convert Button
18. Check new PDF, see that both 3D views are working.
19. For Adding View SynchronizationAt step 6 above, export state file to part1.pdf3dsettings.
21. Save edits, import back into ReportGen and convert.
22. Continue and repeat steps 7 through 18. Create Side-by-Side example using batch script
23. Locate states folder where is located side_by_side_part1.pdf3dsettings, side_by_side_part1.pdf3dsettings and SIDE-BY-SIDE.bat.
24. Double click on SIDE-BY-SIDE.bat, which loads each in turn creating 2-view PDF