PDF3D release major update, Version 2.17 delivering a substantial feature-set and quality improvements for engineers, scientists, surveyors, 3D designers and software integrators.
London, 25th June 2019 – Leading 3D PDF tool provider Visual Technology Services have released their latest major update PDF3D Version 2.17, going far beyond a bug fix and general update. This latest release demonstrates PDF3D’s commitment to engineering reporting workflows, as well as to the growing 3D design and capture community.
This latest release of PDF3D’s conversion tool brings a host of new features provided by improvements to format conversion engine and re-working the way 3D gets added to traditional Office reports. For developers and integrators, the suite now ranges from low-code scripted or RESTful API solutions through to full C++ and C# library integration options.
Key features of V2.17 include:
- io – new rapid integration SDK for workflow automation with XML-based API
- OFFICE document template features extended to LibreOffice, LaTeX and Legend placement
- Multiple placeholders throughout multi-page documents
- Improvements to Asian character set handling
- Added glTF import and conversion to 3D PDF for WebGL publishing
- Improvements to import formats including DWG, IFC, X3D, 3MF, e57, RCP, GIS ShapeFiles
- VRML single-file Keyframe Animation Support
- Improvements to materials and part metadata handling
- PDF page thumbnails and preview class
- New API methods and extended XML Tags for developers
- Over 100 general issues addressed over all areas
“By consolidating many threads of internal development, this release is the highest quality yet, covering all major subsystems. The new pdf3d.io low-code development tool-kit package is the headline, however updating formats and extending how template documents are welcomed by many users.” explained Ian Curington, CEO at PDF3D. “Our clients in the manufacturing, engineering, geospatial, forensics, architecture and earth-sciences have provided great feedback enabling us to raise the bar in 3D PDF conversion.”
PDF3D V2.17 is now available for Quick Request download at www.pdf3d.com where a full list of features and formats can also be viewed.
PDF3D ( www.pdf3d.com ) provider Visual Technology Services, based in the United Kingdom, produce a suite of widely respected software products and plugins for engineers, scientists and developers who need to communicate complex data and 3D models to others in the universally accessible PDF format. PDF3D’s technology provides the fastest and easiest-to-use, highly compressed 3D PDF conversion available for an ever-increasing range of formats and tools. From 3D CAD to GIS, DWG and LIDAR, PDF3D works closely with users and programmers within the engineering, geospatial, geology, aerospace, architecture, medical and product packaging communities worldwide.