PDF3D releases a major update, Version 2.21, packed with optimizations and quality improvements for engineers, scientists, surveyors, 3D designers and software integrators.
London, 19th July 2021 – Leading 3D PDF tool provider Visual Technology Services releases their latest major update, PDF3D Version 2.21. This release demonstrates PDF3D’s commitment to survey, earth-science, manufacturing, engineering and creative reporting workflows.
PDF3D’s conversion applications and dev toolkits release brings welcome improvements in various areas. The focus is technical updates supporting customers, and enabling flexibility for production services. This release supports solutions including:
- 3D animated packaging construction design and preview for folding product packages
- 3D Scanned environment capture to 3D review documents for civil engineers
- Batch production of engineering 3D PDF merging STEP with template drawing pages for Mechanical Engineers
Additionally, a new License Management “LLM” license system now covers dongles, fixed node-locked and floating license types. A single license key now activates, deactivates, and transfers to another PC without requesting new keys, for all platforms and packages.
“In our latest development phase, quality and addressing specific customer needs is center stage,” explains Ian Curington at PDF3D. “The PDF3D user community benefits from all these improved 3D PDF methods. The new resources afforded by being part of PDFTron provide significant developments, so watch this space! PDF3D and PDFTron are changing the way the world works with documents by driving the digital transformation, from faster collaboration on 3D models for engineering firms to consumer phones with 3D cameras and 3D printing applications.”
Key Features of V2.21 include:
- More than 32 bug corrections in core library
- New flexible and unified license management system, tagged “LLM”
- glTF improved handling of Materials, mesh compression option (Draco)
- U3D format import improvements
- Animation in-page controls style and layout enhancements
- ParaView based PV+ updated to 5.9.1
- Apple macOS Catalina & Big Sur support
- More-PDF ANSYS CAE Plugin updated for new license system
PDF3D V2.21 is now available at www.pdf3d.com, with full list of features and formats.
PDF3D ( www.pdf3d.com ) provider Visual Technology Services, a PDFTron company based in the United Kingdom, produces a suite of widely respected software products and plugins for engineers, scientists and developers who need to communicate complex data and 3D models to others in the universally accessible PDF format. PDF3D’s technology provides the fastest and easiest-to-use, highly compressed 3D PDF conversion available for an ever-increasing range of formats and tools. From 3D CAD to GIS, DWG and LIDAR, PDF3D works closely with users and programmers within the engineering, geospatial, geology, aerospace, architecture, medical and product packaging communities worldwide. PDFTron (www.pdftron.com) is a premier global provider of high-performance digital content processing technology serving OEM and enterprise customers across a broad spectrum of industries.