PDF3D XML Server
PDF3D XML Server System
The Lightweight, High-Speed, Automation Toolkit
PDF3D XML Server is the fast-access programming toolkit for developers who want the intuitive intelligence of ReportGen but with the built-in programming power and libraries of the PDF3D SDK Pro Toolkit.
PDF3D XML Server integrates our 3D PDF technology into your system 10x faster than any other 3D PDF toolkit with a secure, customizable platform that automatically delivers rich, highly compressed, template-driven technical 3D models and simulations from multiple sources (such as STL, DWG, STEP, X3D, IFC, VRML, DAE).
- 10x faster to integrate file conversion to 3D PDF than any other toolkit
- Light-programming or full-programming modes
- Built-in features for document enrichment with PMI annotation, measurement & metadata
- Batch toolkit facilitating the automated creation of multiple, template-driven 3D PDFs
- Rich XML-based API
Request a trial and experience the speed and flexibility before you buy.
Toolkit OverviewCLI Scripting DLLs XML-API
The PDF3D XML Server is a suite of programs, dynamic libraries and examples that any programmer can quickly integrate into their system to facilitate conversion of 3D models into 3D PDF file format, in the style of a file converter.
This software development toolkit has been designed to be used by programmers with skills in scripting, web backend stacks and use of command-line and dynamic library services. Integration into existing software is much faster than traditional compiled program development making it ideal for small projects, batch automation, internal systems and desktop applications where it can be called to convert an intermediate format to 3D PDF.
Rich XML-based API
This file-based conversion process uses a rich XML-based API that supports over 70 different industry files and formats, and hundreds of customizable parameters and configurations that include changing scene lighting conditions, metadata and mesh quality and animation. Document page text and graphics content and 3D conversion options are set via XML resources.
Automated Batch Processing
PDF3D XML Server can be easily deployed through automation scripting (or to an online web server environment) to automate batch production of multiple 3D PDFs. It is not a single application, and does not include a user-interface layer, leaving you the freedom add your own controls.
Flexible Toolkit with Control in your hands
PDF3D XML Server gives you full control with total flexibility – if you want it. However, if you simply want to write a quick automated batch script, you won’t get weighed down in the complexity of the more complex PDF3D SDK Pro Toolkit, the best option for in-memory compiled code integration. Script the Commandline Interface (CLI) or load dynamic libraries (DLL) into your program, according your needs. If you ever need to upgrade, for every XML feature there is a corresponding C++ API method in PDF3D-SDK Pro. This PDF3D XML Server toolkit is as lightweight and fast as you want it to be.
PDF3D XML Server has been proven in mission critical manufacturing and engineering processes where companies have needed to deliver accurate and timely 3D content to their teams, websites and networks. Here are a few key highlights of the platform:
- Automatically and intelligently process 3D model data, converting it into 3D PDF reports, applying a preset style or layout.
- Hook into existing systems, including ERP and PLM, through C++, C# .NET, Visual Basic, Python and PHP
- Controlled by multiple programming and scripting languages, and is fully compatible with Windows, Linux and MacOSX.
- Optional CommandLine Interface (CLI)
- Utilize and customise the PDF Templates included in the library
- Enhance your content further with reporting features which include Comments, Measurements, Annotations and External Links
- Enable key security features within your 3D PDFs including password protection, watermarking and strong 256-bit encryption
- Supports over 70 different industry files and formats
- Import settings created by the PDF3D ReportGen desktop application
- Example use with C#, Python, Perl, Ruby, Java, IronPython, PHP
- Extensive XML-based API with Schema Definitions
- Self-Hosted, no external internet resources needed
Let us show you round with a personalised, on-screen walk-through.
Sample XML Code
This is all it takes to get started with a 3D PDF conversion. Just pass this to the conversion process through a DLL interface or Commandline CLI to convert a 3D model file to 3D PDF. A vast list of other tags can be added.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?> <pdf3d:InputParameters xmlns:pdf3d="http://www.pdf3d.com/ns/2012/03/XmlServer"> <Assembly> <InputFileName value="input.dwg"/> </Assembly> <OutputFileName value="output.pdf"/> </pdf3d:InputParameters>
How to install:
On Windows, the software package is supplied as a vendor signed .EXE installer file. An email containing a transient timed validated download link from our secure cloud storage "depot" will be sent.
After downloading, save this EXE on your local file system. Double-click or run this installer. Elevated administrative rights will be requested during the install process, as the installer creates registry settings and new entries into the desktop start menus.
After installing, first run the PDF3D License utility. Use this to request a license. Administrator privileges are not required to request or activate a license. If firewalls or network policies block the license request communication to the pdf3d.com website, please push "show codes" and send these by any available means of communication.
How to remove, uninstall:
To permanently remove the software application, use the Windows Add/Remove menu in the control panel. Elevated administrative rights will be requested during the uninstall process, as the installer removes program files, removes registry settings and removes entries into the desktop start menus.
Any license keys are NOT removed, so if the software is re-installed or upgraded the same keys should be functional.